Extension Programs Available in Demo County
What is Cooperative Extension?
Kentucky’s two land-grant universities, the University of Kentucky and Kentucky State University, serve as partners in conducting educational programs through Cooperative Extension. The program delivery process involves Extension faculty, county agents, advisory council members, volunteer leaders and the general public.
Kentucky Cooperative Extension is the educational resource for all Kentuckians that serves as a catalyst to build better communities and improve quality of life.
Kentucky Cooperative Extension serves as a link between the counties of the Commonwealth and the state’s land grant universities to help people improve their lives through an educational process focusing on their issues and needs. We emphasize:
- Valuing diversity and capitalizing on its potential to strengthen programs;
- Being locally-driven, flexible, and responsive;
- Identifying and supporting high priority statewide programming thrusts;
- Educating people to solve problems, make decisions, and embrace change;
- Applying knowledge and research-based information;
- Accomplishing work through collaboration, volunteerism, and leadership development;
- Fostering an empowered and contributing people;
- Developing youth, adults, families, and communities;
- Fostering effective lifelong use of personal and natural resources.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question for one of the Kentucky County Cooperative Extension Agents or Extension Subject Matter Specialists?Ask an Expert